All categories are open to nominations from Social Enterprises operating in the Yorkshire and Humber area, with exception of the Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award which is open to an individual working within a Social Enterprise in the Yorkshire and Humber area.
For the purposes of these awards, a Social Enterprise is defined as a business which;
a. has a clear social or environmental mission which is set out in its governing documents, and
b. is an independent business which earns income through trading, and
c. is controlled or owned in the interests of the social mission, and
d. either reinvests or gives away profits or surpluses to further its social purpose, and
e. is transparent about how it operates and the impact it has.
All applications will be judged against the following criteria:
The award recognises organisations who have demonstrated an outstanding track record of delivery, growth and innovation.
1. High standards of strategic management and leadership
2. High levels of customer satisfaction
3. Evidence of developing people within the organisation
4. Demonstrable successes in terms of meeting aims and objectives
5. Demonstrable impact within the community resulting in positive social or
6. Demonstrable sustainability in financial, social and environmental terms
7. Strong track record in terms of communicating with stakeholders
8. Strong track record in terms of working with other social enterprises
We advise that you answer the questions in a document and when you are ready to submit copy the answers over as the form will not save part way through.